APPLIES TO ALL LISTED COURSES
Ammunition Specifications: All ammunition must be factory loaded, new or reloaded, by ammunition manufacture supported by a liability policy. All ammunition, handgun, and shotgun, must be issued (street quality) or equal to this of the same velocity and bullet weight.
Quantities: (per officer)
Entry-Level Basics: Law Enforcement and Sheriff/Regional Jail:
- 20 rounds. 12 gauge, Low Brass #9 shot-lead
- 72 rounds. 12 gauge. Duty Issue 00 Buck Shot-lead
- 1,250 rounds handgun
- Training qualification day & night
A. Pre-shoot Qualification:
- 100 pistol rounds. Tactical Course 50 rounds qualification course (2x if needed).
- 60 rounds rifle. HRCJTA 30 round patrol rifle qualification course (2x if needed)
B. Instructors School 7 or 10 days:
- 20 rounds 12 gauge, Low brass #9 shot
- 25 rounds 12 gauge, Duty Issue Buck shot
- 280 rounds Revolver ammunition
- 1, 000 rounds Semi-automatic ammunition
- 500 Rounds patrol rifle ammunition (if attending)
Equipment Needs for Firearms Instructor School
EQUIPMENT STUDENTS MUST BRING WITH THEM TO THE FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS SCHOOL:
- One semi-automatic pistol and leather gear (holster must have safety strap and be a directional draw);
- minimum of 3 magazines.
- One 12 gauge police model shotgun, (issued or approved by agency).
- One flashlight (duty type) issued or approved by agency.
- Whistle; two marking pens (Permanent marker, china marker or chalk).
- Baseball type cap for the range.
- Paper and pen for class note.
EQUIPMENT STUDENTS SHOULD BRING WITH THEM TO THE FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS SCHOOL:
- One .38 caliber revolver, (six shot, 4" barrel); leather gear (holster must have safety strap and be a directional draw); speed loaders or deparment issued/approved loading device.
- Comfortable clothes with loose fitting pockets. NO shorts, tank-tops, or T-shirts with inappropriate words or designs.
- Eye & Ear protection is available; however, if personal glasses are used they must be wrap a round and shatter proof.